St. Bernard Hospital COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
The health, safety and healing of St. Bernard Hospital's patients, family, friends, physicians, staff, and community are always our main concern. In continued vigilance against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we are updating the visitor policy.
Effective June 16, 2021, visitor restrictions implemented at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic are updated to expand visitor access under certain conditions. The specific changes are outlined below:
- Visitors will be allowed to visit patients from 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- All visitors will need to follow safety precautions recommended by local health agencies before entering a patient’s room.
- Only one visitor per family will be allowed to visit at a time.
- No visitors will be allowed in the Behavioral Health Unit.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit.
- COVID-19 patients will not be allowed visitors at this time, except under the direction of the nursing administration.
Before being allowed to visit a patient, all visitors must:
- Wear a mask issued by the hospital.
- Sign in at the information desk and review the infection control risk disclosure sheet.
- Wear a visitor sticker and be directed to the patient’s room.
- Sign out at the information desk upon leaving the facility.
Thank you for your cooperation with these guidelines. These changes are to improve our patients’ experience and to maintain the safety of St. Bernard Hospital staff, patients and visitors.